Design Teams

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

I am sending a big hug to all of you this Valentine's day.  I hope that you and your special someone are sharing a wonderful day.  AND if there is not a special someone in your life, be special to yourself today!   I really appreciate all the wonderful comments and support from all of you.  It means a lot to share our passion for paper crafting and card making.  From the wonder of the blog world I've met so many great ladies who I now call friends!

For today's cards I used a technique that I recently learned.  It uses lace, sticky adhesive paper and fine glitter.  The end effect is so beautiful.  I tried several pieces of lace with different patterns and the ones shown here are the ones I liked the best.  All three are about the same but in different colors and with different embellies.  This look would be perfect for so many different types of cards; love, thank you, thinking of you, sympathy, etc.

The bottom edge of the lace is where the card opens.  You can see the difference on the following card.




The word "Love" was cut with my Cricut and all the embellies are from my stash.  I love the effect the lace gives, so lovely.
 


Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you too Jo.
    These lacy cards are so beautiful :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so lovely and beautiful!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...Joanne these are totally amazing! Absolutely amazing!
    Hope you have a Happy Valentines Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW these are BEAUTIFUL!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....