Design Teams

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

FROSTED DESIGNS CARD SKETCH TUESDAY, SKETCH #9

Welcome to another great Card Sketch Tuesday at Frosted Designs!  I am loving this sketch done for us by Diana Gonzalez.  What a great layout!  I had bought some new paper a while ago and have been saving it for a special project.  When I saw this sketch I immediately went for that special paper.  It's a bit Paris vintage and has a Deco look. This is what I came up with:


I used distressed ink on the newspaper flowers, added glimmer mist on the feathers (wish that showed up better), Martha Stewart fine glitter on the frame and border trim, then added the fleur de lis and brads.

Come by and join in the fun challenge at Frosted Designs.  Our generous sponsor this week is It's Always Fabulous who are offering our prize for our winner.  Have fun and try this awesome sketch!  Then post your great creation, we are waiting for you!

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. beautiful card!! so elegant!! fabulous colors!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....this is so pretty Joanne. I love the paper you used with that image....Way to go on this one. Love the feathers on the sides and the glitter....just makes it all perfect. Hope you had a wonderful New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Art Deco/Oooh La La look! The sparkle on the frame and border give it that over the top vibe that one associates with that era. Fabulous card! Happy New Year! Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation Joanne!! I love that image and your fabulous papers! Happy New Year!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne, this is just beautiful! I love the art deco lady - and the feathers - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card and the colours are wonderful :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....