Design Teams

Sunday, July 8, 2012

"SEW" SWEET

Happy Sunday!  I've been spending mine inside where it's cool, 108 degrees out there right now, BLECH!  And what better way to occupy my time than to craft a few cards!  This one is for a special Aunt of mine.  She used to be a professional seamstress.  At 92 she still sews and does crafts!  Hope I manage to be that chipper if I am lucky enough to reach that age!

I used a lot of distress ink and distressed the edges to give it an aged look.  I stamped the image onto come patterned paper and cut out the bonnet, apron and lacy bottom under her skirt.  I sewed the pieces together, added a bit of ribbon on the bonnet and some hand made flowers of the same paper pattern.  The papers are from a stack called "Crafty" by DCWV.  The stamp is from my FAVE company, Bugaboo and is called "Sewing".





The inside:


Enjoy the rest of your day and have a great week ahead!  Aloha!
 

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, you have reminded me that I have applique patterns of sunbonnet sue that I converted to templates for cards, I must fish them out :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love how you applied ribbon to her bonnet. It's been about 108 here also. I am completely miserable. By the afternoon I usually don't want to do anything it's so hot. Keep cool.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome!!! such a lovely and happy card!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....