Design Teams

Monday, July 23, 2012

COYOTE

Hello and Happy Monday.  My week is off to a good start.  I made this card for my Uncle who is terminally ill, the one I visited in April.  I speak to him every week, and in our chat on Saturday he asked me to find something for him.  He wears a silver and turquoise ring he bought years ago when visiting here in AZ.  He said he always wanted to find a turquoise cross.  Could I get one for him.  Of course I was MORE than happy to.  So yesterday I went to Scottsdale to the shops and found a very nice one for him.  Of course this meant a nice card in the southwest theme to go with it!

This card was a real adventure to make!  I used this stamp of the coyote which I've had and never used and colored him with my Copic's.  Then I wanted a paper background that was a southwest design.  I couldn't find any anywhere, not even on line printable.  So, I put on my thnking cap and found a web site that sells rugs of southwestern design.  I saved one of the pics that I liked and printed it out, perfect!  When adding the finishing touches I colored a white feather with my Copic's and then added the black one.  But I needed something to put at the end of the feathers.  I scrounged through tons of goodies in my stash and finally decided on the arrow, which was a piece that is a clock hand!  I covered the center with the little wooden button and voila!  It all came together!  It really just goes to prove that "nceccessity is the Mother of Invention!"




2 comments:

  1. Wow, you did an amazing job on this. the idea of using the pic for the background paper is something I never would have thought of. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! fabulous card!!! love it!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....