Design Teams

Friday, July 13, 2012

STEAMPUNK AMELIA

 WOWZAAAA!  What a FAB turnout we had this past challenge!  440 of you ~ AWESOME!!!  We thank you so much for your support!  It means so much to us and we are glad you play along week after week.

Ok Ladies, hold on to your seats!  Have we got a FUN challenge for you this week at Coffee, Chocolate & Cards Challenges!!!  STEAMPUNK!  You must use some metal on your card.  Now I have to tell you, I did a lot looking around on the web for info and examples of steampunk.  I have seen it, and knew about it, but have never attempted doing it!  It was GREAT fun!

This weeks sponsor is the amazing Sassy Studio Designs.  WOW, what fun images they have!  This one is called Stempunk Amelia, and I LOVE her.  I really dig her outfit and those goggles, way cool! 

The background paper is one I found that is a free printable download.  I computer printed free artwork and also stamped images onto it.  Then I got several pieces of metal that are by Tim Holtz, the gears, watch, etc.  The very tiny pieces are from old watches that I took apart, lol, and old washers from my Pop's bits and pieces.  But the piece I like the most was a great find from out in Pop's back yard.  A piece of old, rusty screen that I cut for the background of "Amelia" and put the metal photo corners on.  I love it!  That's the fun of steampunk, you can use darn near anything metal!  So scrounge around and see what you can come up with!  



So now it's your turn to get those creative juices going.  Give it a try, you may surprise yourself at how much fun steampunk can be!

6 comments:

  1. Love this card! I did some steampunk for a DT I belong to. I had never done it before either. It was alot of fun to do something totally out of character.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool I'm lovin' it.
    I may have to try one..
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, this is just THE best steampunk! good ole pop for providing the bits and pieces for your card, Joanne, I love that you took apart old watches to get the little embellies for this. perfect backing paper too! You did sooooo good, girl! I love your mix of cool image, freebie paper, Tim Holtz and family shed goodies for this card - very creative mind you have. See, this is why blogs are so very inspiring! CoB

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh I love this Joanne!! What a fabulous-sassy image! Awesome coloring and details! This card ROCKS!!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful steampunk card. Love all the metal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cool!! awesome card!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....