Design Teams

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY

I am busy getting my cards done for Mother's Day.  My Mom passed away a few years back, but I have several Aunts that are very dear to me and are like a mom to me.  I always remember them on their special day as they are mothers too! 

There is a fun challenge going on over at The Pink Elephant and the theme is NATURE.   I bought this stamp last week on E-bay and love it.  I thought it would be perfect.  It looks so much like Spring and could be used for Easter too.  Both cards are very different in their color combos, but I like them both.  I stamped them with marker pens applied directly to the stamp then used my Nestie's to cut and emboss their edges.  I added some ribbon, a few dew drops on one and tiny crystal rhinestones on the other.  I also used the Cuttlebug to emboss the background paper on the second one.  Hope you like them and are inspired to make a great card for your Mum!



3 comments:

  1. Both are so beautiful but if I had to choose a favourite it would be the top one :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are doing that for your aunts. IT is so nice. The cards are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be inspired by your surroundings...this is exceptional! I just love these images and the colours...WOW! You are such a thoughtful person to make these wonderful cards for your aunts! They are going to just love them to death!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....