Design Teams

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

MAY YOUR DAY BE FILLED WITH SUNSHINE

You know it's funny sometimes how things turn out...  I like the eyelets on cards and decided it was time to check into getting an eyelet setter.  After doing a bit of research I found they were a bit "pricey" and bulky to use.  I was also surprised to learn they could be noisy!  In any case, I decided to wait a bit and look at them on the mainland when I go next week.  THEN, I got my weekly e-mail from Gina K. at Stamp TV and guess what her tutorial was on!?!  Setting eyelets with a ballpoint pen, yes a pen!  Check out the video.  Well, I took the bait, hook line and sinker!  And am I ever glad I did.  For a fraction of the price and so much less work I made my 1st card using their technique.  It was so simple and fun!  It's a shame the ribbon covers so much of the eyelets.  Can't wait to use them again and have them where they are more visible.  Something else new on this card is the stamped sentiment.  It's a cute stamp I picked up on E-bay for 99 cents!  With postage it was a whopping $3.49, lol.  I think I'm starting to sound like a cheap skate, but like I've said before, "I love a bargain!"  ALSO I have entered this card over at Flutter By Wednesdays.


12 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty, I love the delicate colours :o)
    Thanks for the video link.
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW, this is so elegantly beautiful. Gorgeous, professional, a gift for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!!! Lovely colours and such a sweet sentiment!I'm glad you enjoy setting eyelets.I too like them and i own a big bite but i don't use it that much...Maybe i sould do that more often.
    Hugs Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Joanne I LOVE THIS CARD...Those butterflies you coloured are awesome! I love the little bouquet of flowers too! I am so glad that you enjoyed the making the eyelets...it looks gorgeous how you used them with the ribbon!!! Beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for you sweet comments on my blog yesterday...This card is just beautiful! I love the texture the flowers give the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog I am always so pleased to see a new face.
    Had a meander around yours and really like yoour cards.
    I love the paper you have used and the flowers
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh great card and I just love the colors you
    used! And the butterfly....

    Groetjes uit Nederland,
    Liefs Martine

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! Brilliant card!!! So so so so so beautiful!!! LOVE IT!!! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This card is gorgeous! I like everything about it! Hugs Delphine xx PS: Thanks for your lovely comment and congratulations on winning the Copic Colour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!
    And...Great blog! Thanks for visiting and commenting on mine, too! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous butterfly, love your colouring and shading. Beautiful soft colours, so pretty, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card!! Love it! thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....