Design Teams

Sunday, April 4, 2010

FLOWERPOT CARD

I sure hope you had a wonderful Easter!  It was a lovely day here and very relaxed.  I even managed to get a little fun crafting time in.

I came across this fantastic cut file on the SVG site.  It"s a kit for for Mother's Day, but I used it for a birthday.  I have a sweet Aunt who will be 90 next weekend and I needed something special for her, and this is perfect.  All the pieces were cut with my Cricut except the base....  I only have the 6x12 mat and because this is a large shape fold card I had to do some "fanigalling" as my Mom used to say!  I cut only half of it then laid it on my paper and drew around it.  I then flipped the pattern it for the reverse image opposite the one I just drew, then cut it out by hand and folded it in half.  A bit of extra work, but, hey, it worked great. I used dew drops for the center of the flowers and stamped the sentiment.  This is my first attempt at the flowerpot type card and I know I'll be making more of them, I really like them!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! FAB!!!! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne this must have taken some time for you to do all those wonderful flowers! Your friend will absolutely love the work and beauty that went into this card! Love the new picture for your header!!!! I want to come and see it in person!!LOL Was this taken close by? What beautiful scenery you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Joanne
    this is such a bright and cheery card. I love it
    LOve Sarah XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo this is stunning! Great improvisation with the base. All those flowers are beautiful, your Aunt is going to be so proud to display this.

    Hope you had a great Easter!

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....