Design Teams

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

SIMPLE WEDDING CARDS

These are more cards for my order.  I'm so glad my customer likes my style of card making.  Sometimes I think I should use more flowers and embellishments, and I try to, but then I never seem to like the card (only with "Tilda" cards do I love to go overboard - except for the previous frog card!).  The solution for me is to keep it more "tailored" and add a smaller amount of goodies.  I really prefer a more subtle elegant look, and that is what I tried to do here.  

For the first card I computer generated the "Mr. & Mrs." as I don't have a stamp for that, used the Cuttlebug to emboss the paper and also scored it.  Then I added the ribbon, flowers and pearls - simple but elegant!


This second card is a scraplift from SusieB - again, lol.  I absolutely love her cards, that lady knows what elegant means!  I purchased this stamp when I saw how she had used it on several cards.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and do this card!  The embossed paper just gives it so much personality along with the arch edge which was cut with a Martha Stewart edge punch.  I heat embossed the trim on the bride's gown, veil and the hearts with a mixture of transparent Clear and Stardust embossing powders, colored the stamp with Copics, added the ribbon, raised the image with pop dots and was set!



6 comments:

  1. I am on the same page as you. I really struggle sometimes putting all those embellishments on cards...sometimes it looks to much, sometimes not enough! People in blogland make it look so easy! Check out this site for ideas Joanne.
    www.heartprints.net. You will love her stuff!
    I just love these wedding cards...so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Gorgeous cards!! The one on top is so elegant and chic!! Love them!! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are exactly the kinds of cards I would buy at the store. Simple and elegant but with a different "punch" to them. I love these Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Joanne. These cards are STUNNING!!!!
    LOve sarah XXX

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....