Design Teams

Sunday, March 21, 2010

KING OF THE ROAD

Don't you just love it when you find something special that you need for a card - in this case paper for a guy card.  As you are scrounging through your stuff, searching, you come across a set of paper you bought, put away and forgot about!  You see it and BINGO, it all falls into place!!!  Well, this is exactly what happened today with this card.  I had the stamp all picked out and then thought, uh oh, what paper can I use?  This is for my SIL's birthday.  He is a total hot rod and classic car guy, he builds and restores them for a living.  Some of the cars he's done are so beautiful, they're like a work of art.  I sure hope he enjoys this as much as I enjoyed making it.

The paper is by COLORBOK, one of their "patterned paper packs" and I think the title is " Kiss".  I colored it with my Prisma's and Gamsol, a silver metallic pen and added the rhinestones.  I know it's for a guy, but hey, it's for a "King" so why not!  The banner and car are raised with pop dots.  On the inside it says, "Today and Always!  Happy Birthday".

3 comments:

  1. What a fab card, love those papers :)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FAB!!! Gorgeous card!! Love it!! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin the chrome job you gave this beast and I think the gems sort of enhance what is likely a high-sheen paint job, right? Fab card, wanted to say lovely but that is not appropriate for a MAN CARD!!! I hope all is well with you!!
    Stephanne

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....