Design Teams

Monday, March 29, 2010

HAPPY FROGS!

All the frogs on this paper are so colorful, but the overall card is very "busy".  But I  used it for a reason.  I needed a very HAPPY card for a very special lady!  It's for my friend who has been going through radiation and chemo for the past 8 weeks.  This week is her last set of treatments and she got through it like a champ.  It wasn't easy, but she MADE it! 

The frogs are little stick on embellishments that I've had for ages as are the little sentiment tags, all raised with pop dots.  She has not been able to "eat" in the normal sense for weeks - instead she has had to use a feeding tube inserted in her stomach.  She is SO hungry for pasta, her favorite food and can't wait to be able to "eat" again.  So on the inside of the card I want to put "Let frogs eat flies, Give me PASTA!"  Love her so and pray for her every day.  Her prognosis is good and for that I am so thankful!


5 comments:

  1. What a fun card and lovely sunny colours combo :o)
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thought card Joanne. She is going to appreciate this so much. So special of you to take the time and put lots of thought into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have been doing a lot with frogs for my future SIL baby shower!

    So creative- TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet frog card, i love it. Oh and the small ribbons are a great detail.

    Groetjes uit Nederland.
    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanne, what a lovely thoughtful card I'm sure she will love it,thanks for your lovely comments I've got an imflamed tendon under my foot which hurts quite a bit at the moment so I will be glad when it goes though my doc says it could last months lol,I hope your ok, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....