Design Teams

Monday, March 1, 2010

MARGARITA TIME!

This is for my BFF, it's her birthday - Hauoli La Hanau Missy B!  I have to admit it is a scrap lift...  Missy B. just loves tequila and margaritas so when I saw the card I knew I HAD to do one similar for her.  It's my first pedestal card.  I have been wanting to do one for a long time and I really like the result!  I digi stamped the drink, colored it with Prisma's and Gamsol and cut it out, then I added some Liquid Applique with glitter on it to make it look like salt on the rim of the glass - I LOVE that stuff!  I printed all the sentiments with my computer.  The little rhinestone flowers came off of a nail file I got at the Dollar Tree!!!  I knew when I bought it that I'd be using them specifically for that purpose - hey get it where ya can, right!

 

 



3 comments:

  1. You made me laugh getting the flowers from a nail file, we always looks at things with a crafty eye! Great card, love the colours and the margarita looks awesome. I have done my first easel card recently but can not post as it is for a friend and she looks at my blog so will have to wait a while to post.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS card!! Love it! So bright and happy!! Fabulous image and texts!! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, lovely Spring colours, we need them after our long winter :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....