Design Teams

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WEDDING FAVORS

First off I have to say MAHALO to all of you SUPER ladies for you kind and warm messages!  I SO APPRECIATE every one of you and all of your support- YOU MAKE MY DAY!!!!  Mahalo nui loa from my heart!

SO, here we go:  My daughter and her fiance, Travis, want a very simple wedding, not a lot of fuss.  And, as it is THEIR wedding, they deserve all of us to make it their special day the way THEY want it!  I am so happy to do so!  The main theme of the wedding is wild flowers.  Mindi adores sunflowers and also wants to include them.  Her bouquet is to be just a simple bunch of sunflowers tied with yellow ribbon, her main color.  The paper the invitations are being printed on is hand made with bits of yellow flower petals in it, AND real wild flower seeds!   You "plant" the invitation and wildflowers will grow!  For a remembrance favor she has adorable various colored little bags that will be filled with wildflower seeds.  I have made paper flowers that were cut with my Cricut and hot glue gunned them to the bags:

 

Here is a sample of some of the finished bags:

 



I'm so glad she really likes them!  They were lots of fun to do.  My only concern now is the printing of the invitations....  The paper arrived today and it's beautiful, but it's much thicker than we realized.  I am just hoping that my printer can handle it!  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Jo you have been busy, these flowers are beautiful and look perfect on the little bags. I love the idea of the invitations and being able to plant them and watch the flowers grow, can't wait to see them. Good luck with getting the paper through the printer.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joanne, they're AMAZING girl!! Her wedding sounds like it's going to be simply-elegant (my kind of wedding)! You are so talented Sweetie, the guests are going to enjoy those!

    I so wish my DH and I could got to Hawaii for our 25th in October, it's always been a dream of mine. We didn't have a honeymoon, got married young and got pregnant on our first anniversary. We'd hoped to go for our 20th but that didn't work out. That would be so AWESOME if we could go this year, if we can somehow swing it....I'll def. get with you on the best place to visit!! And the icing on the cake would be to meet you too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are so pretty and what a lot of work has gone into them. What a lovely idea to use wildflower seeds :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Joanne they are sooo nice!!!! Your daughter is so lucky to have such a talented mother.I wish you good luck with the invitation although i'm sure you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanne,what a beautiful wedding your daughters going to have, I think the favours are lovely and such a wonderful idea, as they will be a living memento of a precious event, good luck with the paper, hope it goes through ok, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....