Design Teams

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

HOME AGAIN!

What a WONDERFUL trip I had to Oregon!  I love it there.  I wasn't ready to come home, I so enjoyed the rain and cold weather.  I didn't get to be in any snow, but I saw quite a bit on the mountains.  Here's a shot of Mt. Hood taken from our hotel room in Portland.


We had a successful trip for my daughter's wedding dress!  She is getting married June 19th and we had so much fun working on all the plans.  The wedding is going to be at her fiance's parents home, outside.  It's a beautiful setting with views of the Willamette River.  I'm doing the invitations and some of the decorations.  FUN!

We also went up into the Gorge for 3 days and had a blast!  We visited museums, awesome waterfalls, hiked, ate great food and had delicious mother/daughter time!  The highlight was our 48 degree hotel room in Cascade Lockes!  A transformer was down at the Bonneville damn and the whole town was without electricity from 10 am to 6:30 pm!  We drove across the Bridge of the Gods over the Columbia River to Stevenson, WA to eat dinner then came back and snuggled under a ton of blankets till the electricity came back on.
 

I really enjoyed visiting The Viewpoint Inn where they filmed the prom scene in the 1st Twilight movie.  I'm standing under the sign they used in the movie when they went into the prom.  Dig my hiker boots!!!  I got them in Salem and wore them nearly everywhere I went, lol!  My feet were comfy, dry and warm!

 

  

  

Everything was so fresh and green and beautiful! It's hard to choose my favorite place, but I think it was up in the Gorge at Multnomah Falls - AWESOME!!!!  I can't put into words how gorgeous it was.  That little speck on the bridge is me...


Mindi and I!

I must say I did miss my card making!  Of course I visited several big craft stores and some great rubber stamp shops.  Sure wish I had some of that variety here!  And I did purchase some new papers and a few other supplies.  I have to get busy and use some of them!  But at the moment I am working on a project for the wedding - favors for on the tables.  (I'll post them probably tomorrow.)  ALOHA to all of you, you were missed and I will be visiting you soon and look forward to seeing all the great things you've done while I was gone.  HUGS!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I was just catching up here with your beautiful photos from the trip as I noticed you had popped by =) You've had a great time in gorgeous places. Can't wait to see your wedding projects! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am so thrilled that you shared those beautiful pictures! They are so beautiful..not only are you an awesome card maker, photography is your thing too! I love the HIKING boots!LOL
    I am so excited to see what you do for the invitations..a card makers dream to be able to do those!!! If you need anything at all just let me know! Glad to see you are back safe and sound! LOVED my parcel you sent...SOOOOO appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jo looks and sounds like you had a fab time. So good to have Mother/Daughter quality time. Your pics look amazing and the waterfall is beautiful.

    Can't wait to see all the creations for the wedding, they are just going to be fab. Have fun playing with all your new stuff.

    Good to have you back.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so glad you are safely home. It looks like you had a BEAUTIFUL visit and wonderful times with your daughter! How wonderful to plan a wedding and enjoy the visit at the same time.
    e komo mai! Thanks for coming by and telling me you are home and posting my blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Joanne, it's good to see you :o)
    Sounds like you had a fab holiday and I love your photographs, especially the magnificent snowcapped mountain and the waterfall ones :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha and welcome back Joanne! What AMAZING photos you have here! I've never been out West, but would love to visit...I will have to show my hubby these!

    I'm glad your trip went well and you had a good time making those wedding plans...I'm so happy for all of you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joanne, so glad to see you back hun, wow those photo's are fab and my all time favorite that beautiful water fall, I love them, thanks for your lovely words to me, they were lovely and have made me really happy,enjoy making your wedding creations and make sure you show them to us, off now as I've been on my feet all day and my legs are killing me, hugs Liz xx could do with your boots lol,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you had a good time and returned safely.The pictures are really amazing.Thanks for sharing them.
    Hugs Joanna.

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....