Design Teams

Monday, August 22, 2011

BON VOYAGE

Today with this card I feel like I really accomplished something - let me explain.  For the past 4 years I have been visiting hundreds of the great card and scrapbook blogs all over the world.  I LOVE the look of the beautiful vintage cards so many of you create.  I have wanted to try one for so long, but for some reason they really intimidate me!  I think it's because they are so far from my comfort zone of neat and tailored, lol.  Well, today I jumped in and DID ONE!!!  My cousin is going on an all girlfriends cruise to Nova Scotia and I wanted to send her a bon voyage card - it was the perfect chance to try some vintage!  I had a blast!!!!  I think Tim Holtz would laugh at how much of his distress inks I used!  I really got a bit carried away, but oh what fun!  Please leave me an honest opinion on this.  I need guidance and advice.  Over all, I think it's pretty good, but not too sure if there is enough on it , or too much.  In any case, I'm not afraid of vintage any more!




































4 comments:

  1. Aloha Joanne, and wow i think the craft god Tim Holtz would be so pleased with you! It honestly doesnt look as if you need guidance, as far as I can tell you SO got the vintage look. Well done on trying something new...proud of ya! CoB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Jo, no-one would know it's a first, it's beautiful. I am in awe of anyone who can get this look because I can't :O)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne, this is fantastic. I think it is amazing how you tackled this project. PERFECTION I think. I have never tried this technique because like you I am quite nervous about it...but you have totally done a great job that is for sure! I love the texture you have given it as well. Your cousin is going to love this and treasure it that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely amazing!! you've gone really artsy!! fabulous grungy look!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....