Design Teams

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

JUST MAGNOLIA CHALLENGE: WEEK 28 Martine's Sketch




This card is a bit more ornate than I usually do, and I'm a bit nervous about it. I usually do more plain and tailored type cards, but I need to break loose! This is a large card - it measures 6.50 x 6.50 inches. I love the paper and colors, but I think I may have gone a bit overboard with the embellishments. What ya think? ANYHOW, it was for a challenge over at Just Manolia, following the above layout. I love the cards the ladies do over there. Since I am doing Autumn cards I wanted to keep on that track, and I can send it as a Thanksgiving card. Paper is from "Me & My Big Ideas"pack, cut oval with SCAL and added all the goodies from my stash.

9 comments:

  1. This card turned out perfectly! I love all the fall embellishments! I'm like you and feel more comfortable with the plain and simple cards! The image is adorable. Great job on the sketch.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joanne I love it, definately NOT too many embellies. It is good to break out of our comfort zone once in a while and you have done a great job. Just love the colours!

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! I love these vibrant colours, so warm looking. Love the card too :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You absolutely did not go overboard, it's AWESOME hun! Love the bright, happy colors, and that image is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, no don't be nervous, it's an awesome card!
    Great colors and good luck with winning the Challenge!

    Groetjes M@rtine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mahalo ladies! The encouragement means so much, it helps strive for more experiments with new styles. I love the "full" look of so many cards, but I have a hard time creating them. They always end up looking too over done. Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the colours & i don't think you can ever have too many embelishments.
    Hugs Fleur

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always mom I love this card!!! LOL you got the fall colors down although your in paradise. LOL leaves here look just like the colors on your card. I love it I guess I better send ya Money for it :-) Love ya

    Mindi xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful autumnly card. Thanks for joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....