Design Teams

Friday, October 30, 2009

AUTUMN




MMMMMM yummy! I am baking home made pumpkin pies and my house smells soooo good! We are going to our annual Pumpkin Carving part tonight and I always do the pies. I'm in such a Fall mode with doing my cards for Thanksgiving and pies in the oven. Only there are no Autumn leaves, wood smoke in the air or cold weather. Oh well, fake it till ya make it!

The top card reminds me of PA where I lived as a small child. Covered bridges and country lanes... I used nestabilities on the scallop cuts, inked the edges and added some ribbon and a few embellishments. I love the burnt orange colored paper and have been using it a lot.

The second card is a simple one. I saw one very similar a long time ago and saved the idea. Just used my CB to do the bacground embossing and then I added the ribbon, leaf and acorn embellishment to spiff it up a bit. It's simple, but elegant. Again that purty burnt orange paper.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love these vibrant colours, lovely image too :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh would love to be in your house smelling those pies, gorgeous! Both your cards are beautiful, love the falls colours and the image.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the smell in your house must just be heavenly!
    Your cards are stunning! Both your cards are beautiful...I love the leaves that you punched out just a perfect touch!
    Have a great day,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne sorry I've not visited for a while my computers been playing up, lovely cards, and I think your last Tilda card is fantastic xx

    Hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did an awesome coloring job Joanne! And that second one may look simple, but it very elegant and beautifully done my friend : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are gorgeous. Beautiful colouring on the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! These are so gorgeous! Absolutely fabulous colors, so vibrant! =)
    Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....