Design Teams

Saturday, May 30, 2015

My 1st Coloring on Parchment

Hello and welcome, so glad you stopped by.  But you can be glad you are not stopping by my home for a visit.  It's going to be a scorcher the next few days ~ 105 today and 107 tomorrow!  I will be inside the house relaxing and crafting that's for sure!

On this card I wanted to try coloring my design on the parchment.  I like the result ok, but again, I need lots of practice.  It's not real hard, just a bit tricky.  I have water color pens that I prefer on the parchment paper better than my Copics.  They just seem to be easier to work with.  The alcohol ink moves around too much while trying to blend on the slicker paper and leaves too many streaks. Next time I color, I am going to try my watercolor pencils, more experimenting!



I just had a fun opening my mail!  A couple new Pergamano tools that I ordered arrived!  So off I go to do some more fun practicing on my parchment craft.  Have a fun weekend!

6 comments:

  1. OMG Jo, you are coming on in leaps and bounds, this is gorgeous :o)
    Jackie xx
    P.S. I have used watercolour pencils on parchment in the past with some success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you are making huge progress. This is fabulous :-)
    Definitely steer clear of alcohol markers!!
    Use either pencils (normal, water or blendable), drawing inks or watercolour paints. Also acrylic paint gives a lovely deep colour..
    Keep up the good work xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Joanne! Your coloring on parchment is gorgeous and what a fab design!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Joanne, you really have found your niche with this craft, you are a natural, each piece that you make is so lovely, as for this colouring, who on earth would have put it down as your first go at it!! you are as I say, a natural, I love the work you are doing.
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Joanne! The coloring looks amazing and the borders are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so beautiful!! i also love the swan card....so elegant!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....