Design Teams

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Learning A New Craft ~ Parchment Paper Crafting

Welcome friends.  Today I had a fun time.  I am taking up Parchment Paper Crafting.  I finally got my parchment paper in the mail that I ordered.  I set up all my tools, found an easy pattern to start with and away I went!  It is a lot of fun, and takes a bit of concentration and time.  I also learned that like any other craft, when doing it the first time you learn a lot!

a)  You must have the right tools and supplies
b)  Take your time, don't rush
c)  Practice, practice, practice!

Here is my first try!


I need to order a few more tools, and then look out!  I will really get into it.  Here is how I used the above piece to make a card.


The lower flowers and sentiment are stamps that I heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I am so anxious to do a lot more of this!
ONWARD!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful whitework Jo, and you have made a lovely card with it. I have done parchment work in the dim and distant past, but I did not keep it up! :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful first attempt, looking forward to seeing more creations, best of luck cheers Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I have wanted to try this for so long, but don't know where to buy the supplies at. Really lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Joanne, your first try, amazing! you've done a fabulous job on this, I do love parchment work but wouldn't have the patience to try it myself but I do admire the skill involved when ever I see it, hope you enjoy it and you'll be showing us some more.
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....