Design Teams

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

NEW GOODIES & TECHNIQUE

Good morning everyone.  I wnat to start with a prayer for all those involved in the horrific and senseless violence that struck in Boston yesterday.  I can't even comprehend why people do these terrible, terrible things.  I am so thankful for all the medical help that was on site and were able to help so many.

With that said, I feel almost guilty telling you how much fun I had on Saturday.  I went to a scrapbook convention and got a bunch of new goodies!  One of the items I purchased is a kit from Krafty Kreations that included all I needed to do this technique.  It looks like stained glass!  I had no idea that you could color on super fine glitter!  Take a look at my results!




You use double sided sticky sheets, fine glitter, apply peel off stickers for the image outline, color with Copics, then apply to clear acrylic, lovely!  I also bought some packs of just the peel off stickers and look forward to experimenting with them.  Sounds like future posts to me!

Have a good day, and remember to hug your loved ones every chance you get!

5 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS card!! very elegant!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Joanne, so tragic what happened recently. On another note, this is FANTASTIC girl! That really DOES look like stain-glass, and you did a remarkable job coloring it in. How fun and what a neat technique! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Joanne this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it! I hope you are doing well!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with all of those injured or worse in that terrible tragedy...hugs
    I love the vibrant colours on this stunning card :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card looks amazing! I love the bright colors and you are right- it does look like stained glass. Simple gorgeous.

    Nadja

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....