Design Teams

Saturday, August 18, 2012

KEEP CALM!

Happy weekend everyone!  It's another hot one here, so I'm keeping inside with the air conditioning!  The card I am posting today is for my daughter.  She lived in England for four years in Southampton.  She loved it.  She so enjoyed the people, the scenery, the history, architecture and their tea!  I saw a poster of this and had to make a card out of it for her.  She is still having health issues and life in general has been a real challenge lately.  I thought this was perfect for her, and I know it will make her smile.

I printed out a picture of the Union Jack, then traced the pieces onto the red and blue paper.  I cut them out by hand then glued them onto the white paper.  The lettering and the teapot were cut on my Cricut.  MAN!  It was like putting together a jig saw puzzle!  I apologize if it is not perfect and mean no insult to anyone.  I did my best!

Have a super weekend! And to English pals, I wish I could share a cuppa with you!


2 comments:

  1. It seems so strange to see our flag on a US blog. You have put it together very well and it looks great :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. The piecing looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....