Design Teams

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

CUPCAKE SURPRISE

Aloha all, hope you are having a good day.  Mine was delightful!  Went shopping with my BFF and she treated me to lunch.  We had fun checking out a new second hand shop we had not been in before, and it was so fun!

On to the serious stuff!  This card (another easel card...) was for another great friend of mine.  A very special guy.  I wanted to do something fun for him and this was the result.  I loved the combination of the bright orange stripes and polka dots.  The image was colored with my Copic's, I used Applique on the cupcake for the frosting with some Stickles for decoration.  The background piece behind the image was as SVG file cut on my Cricut. The sentiments were inked on the edges and both framed with a Nestabilities piece from 
"Fancy Tags".

On the inside the cupcake pops up and has the same decorations but with a candle added cut from another SVG file.  I did the balloons in my paint file and imported them as as SVG file and cut them with the Cricut also.  I added some orange and yellow thread to them to look like a string.  I also stamped the striped paper with a cupcake stamp so it didn't look too plain.  Glad to say he really liked it!








1 comment:

  1. this is FABULOUS!! such a happy bright card!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....