Design Teams

Monday, October 4, 2010

I'M BAAAAACK!!!!

Aloha ALL!! I have been gone from here longer than I expected, but am SO GLAD to be back! All my card supplies that I shipped from Hawaii to my Dad's house made if safely, thank goodness. It has been quite an adjustment to say the least, but I am doing pretty good and anxious to be in touch with all my wonderful blogging friends again! Thanx so much for all your support!

I want to start out with a the card I did for my daughter and new son-in-law for their wedding this past June.  The wedding was lovely and they are so happy! I kept the card simple and a bit elegant. The paper was such a pretty, soft cream color with gold.  I'm really glad that they liked it!




The wedding was held in Eugene, OR and they were blessed with perfect weather - sunshine and no rain!  Early that morning I got up and went out into the forest and picked ferns and wildflowers to weave my daughter's haku (head wreath).  It turned out beautiful.  Here is a picture of the happy couple!



7 comments:

  1. Jo it is so good to see you back, when I read the message you left I just had to rush over and say welcome back, we have really missed you and can't wait to see all your new creations. Sounds like your daughter had a beautiful wedding and that a great day was had by all. The wedding card you made is gorgeous, definatley one to be treasured. Hope you are well and I look forward to catching up regularly.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was so excited to see you back! I am so glad that you are all settled! Your card looks fabulous...so happy to see posting your wonderful works!! I LOVE your new blog look...leave it to you have such great taste of pictures!!! Your daughter looks so happy and content...love the wreath on her head...very special of you to have made it for her!!! Welcome back my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Joanne, it's so good to see you back!!! I'm looking forward for your creations.My best wishes for your daughter's marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Joanne, it's so good to see you. I love your card and the photograph is beautiful :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELCOME BACK hunny, I've missed you!
    your daughter looks so happy and her flowers look fab,
    it will be lovely to talk to you again,
    Glad all your stuff made it safe, of course you'll want more, we all do lol,
    any way hun lovely to see you back, I'm having computer problems on and off, see my blog if you want the deets, so hope fully see you soon, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha!!! Great to have you back in blogland!!! =)
    And what a stunning card you've made for your daughter, absolutely fabulous!! So so beautiful!! =) Congrats to the newly weds!! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! The card and the couple!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....