Design Teams

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Parchment Craft CARD #3

Hello again.  I hope you are all having a great Memorial Day weekend.

Mine is very quiet and I love it!  I have been crafting for 3 days!  I am working on my parchment craft skills, lot of fun!  Thank you SO MUCH Jackie for putting me in touch with the very talented Alison!  I am learning a lot from her BEAUTIFUL work, and tips of info.  I also came across a FAB site called Gemini Crafts run by a parchment crafter named Wendy Walters.  It is filled with videos, tutorials, free patterns and so much more.  So between these two super ladies I have a real goldmine at my fingertips!

OK, so on to my third attempt.  There are so many mistakes, but as I said before, I am REALLY learning by doing!  I won't bore you with all I did wrong, but let's just say there are a bunch of mess ups, LOL!

The perforated edges are still a thorn in my side, but I made a break through after I finished this project.  I experimented with a bigger needle tool and the edges look so much better, more defined like a lacy edge.  Hopefully on my next project you will see some improvement, lol!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous. I think you have done a beautiful job with the technique. Must have taken you forever!
    I found this link on pinterest which I though you might like:
    https://www.pinterest.com/vcjciolek1/cards%7Eperagamo-or-parchmentstained-glass-patterns/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, you are coming on very nicely with your parchmentwork Jo. Glad you were able to use the link okay :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW if this is only your 3rd attempt then you are flying along :-)
    Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful work with all on your parchment cards, Joanne! I love each and every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Joanne! You're doing great. Keep it up - you know practice makes perfect.
    Regards, Maya S. | End of Tenancy Cleaning Services Bromley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx so much Maya! I am on it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne, this is wonderful, mistakes, what mistakes!! I can't see any, it's lovely, you are really getting in the swing of this craft, do keep it up, it really suits you!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is gorgeous Joanne! So beautiful and elegant, I love it!!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....